Monday, February 3, 2014

Funky Fancy

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend my schools homecoming banquet and it was a blast. I would have to say my favorite part of it all was getting ready (no shame haha). It's not everyday you get an opportunity to dress up and I sure took the opportunity to do so! The theme of homecoming was Gatsby themed and obviously I didn't follow suit with what I am wearing lol. When I think Gatsby I think: Roaring 20's, flapper dresses, headbands and red lips. But knowing me I like to go against the grain. So I have been dying to wear this mermaid fit Ankara print dress. It was tailor made from Nigeria! I'm in love with the color scheme and how earthy and natural it looks yet eye catching. I got a ton of compliments at the the banquet on the dress too! Its not everyday you see a funky pattern dress!

So I challenge you to go against the grain when it comes to your style. Don't be afraid wear something outside of your comfort zone. You have to have confidence when you wear it and people will notice. If your uncomfortable, people will notice your not confident in what you wear. So step outside of the box and be unique!

Dress: Custom made from Nigeria
Earrings: Goodwill


Matthew 16:25
Much Love Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment